Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Genealogy/ Family History Weather in New England

Five inches of snow this last weekend and weather in the low 20's with a wind chill of 5 degrees and it's time to review my family tree and other genealogy projects. The wood-stove is fired up and the weatherlady says that we could see a foot or more of snow here this weekend.

So during the day it's time to check the generator and snow blower again. Make sure the shovels are where they are supposed to be and that the fluids are topped off on the vehicles.

Last winter the huge amount of snow made a mess of my roof and I had to have a new roof installed and several thousands of dollars of water damage repaired inside my home. This year I'm adding a roof rake to my arsenal so I can reach more of the Cape Cod style home's roof.

I think an extra propane for the grill might be a good idea too.

So the title of this rambling should be my plans during the day and my plans for the evenings! Genealogy in front of a nice warm fire with a hot cup of tea or coffee in the evenings and winter storm preparations during the day.

So folks, let's get back to it. Take advantage of this cold weather and take another look at your genealogy. Try to figure out that brick wall. Find that long lost person from your bygone past and give them life again by remembering them forever with genealogy!


No comments:

Post a Comment